Deciding on what kind of therapy is right for you is a difficult process. The therapists at PATHS are highly skilled in many different modalities, and will help you decide what is the best fit for you. All of our treatments are based on solid research evidence to support their use and methods have been tried and testing as giving extremely positive results for many years.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is based on the theory that our thoughts and feelings influence one another. By changing our thoughts, we can also change how we feel about ourselves and those around us. CBT is the overarching theory for many specialized types of therapy including:
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).